Do you provide ride-sourcing services for a fare; working through a facilitator such as Uber, SheSafe, Shebah or GoCatch? Do you know how income tax, the goods and services tax (GST) applies to your earnings? Ride-sourcing is taxi-travel for GST purposes. If you have a ride-sourcing enterprise, you need:
- an Australian business number (ABN)
- to register for GST from the day you start
- to pay GST on the full amount of every fare
- to keep records of income and expenses for both GST and income tax purposes.
You can then claim GST credits for expenses associated with your ride-sourcing enterprise. Come along to this one hour session where we’ll help understand how to get it right. Note: If you already have a business structure, this session is designed for sole traders.
Do you need more information to help you gather the figures from your platform statements, work out your ride-sourcing deductions, calculate your GST and know where to put all that information in your business activity statement? This session will help you understand how to:
- keep track of your ride-sourcing records
- work out your income, deductions and GST
- complete your business activity statement.
Come along to this one hour session where we’ll help understand how to get it right.
This session is the second in the Ride-sourcing series and follows on from what you learned in Ride-sourcing and Tax (Sole traders).
Presented by the ATO
Monday May 25th 9.30am – 10.30am Ride Sourcing and Tax (Sole Traders)
Monday May 25th 11.00am – 12 Noon Ride Sourcing: Income, Expenses and GST
FREE – Bookings on Eventbrite via these links: